• What types of documents can the PENTA authenticate?
The PENTA is designed for authenticating identification documents. Specifically, it is designed to automatically identify and authenticate ID-1, ID-2, and ID-3 documents, which are international (ICAO) standard-sized ID documents. ID-1 documents are driver license-sized; examples include drivers’ licenses, state ID cards, military ID’s, Green cards, voter registration cards, diplomatic cards, passport cards. ID-2 documents are slightly larger than ID-1 documents; examples include visas and the French identity card. ID-3 documents are even larger than ID-2 documents; passport booklets are the most commonly used ID-3 document.
• What environments can the PENTA be used in?
The PENTA is designed to optimally perform in well-lit environments where space is limited.
We currently have a mobile ID Authentication solution, PALIDIN.M.
• How does the PENTA work?
The PENTA scanner is part of a hardware/software platform that captures high-resolution, full color images of ID documents using natural, ultraviolet and infrared sources. The device also “reads” information from barcodes, smart-chips, RFID chips and digital watermarks.
After the PENTA captures the images and the data, the PALIDIN™ software application performs multiple security checks using a comprehensive database of ID documents. Multiple points on the document are checked to make certain that proper manufacturing technique was used, and that the document itself contains the proper design elements. The data captured from different locations on the document are cross-checked to make sure that information such as name, birth date, issue date, expiration date, etc. all match.
When the application is finished, it will display either a “pass” or “fail” grade.
Data and images captured from the ID document may be treated by the user. The PALIDIN™ Software Development Kit enables customization of the data management, including potential exporting of the data to third-party databases and core enterprise applications.
• What comes with the PENTA when I buy it?
• A power cord to connect your PENTA to an external power supply
• A USB cord to connect your PENTA to a PC
• Information about your PALIDIN™ software license key and an owner's manual (PDF) that includes a quick set-up guide
• The PENTA hardware device comes with an included one-year full service warranty which includes depot service. Additional years are also available for purchase.
• The purchase of a PALIDIN™ software license includes 12 months of software and document library updates to maintain the highest level of assurance for our customer. Annual renewals are available, and may be purchased in-advanced.